Sunday, July 11, 2010

White horses and saris and naan bread oh my!!!





June 26th Jake and I took off on our long overdue vacation to Chicago and Minnesota. First stop was Chicago for my friends Ashwin & Vrinda's wedding. Having only attended white southern weddings for as long as I can remember (aside from one Zoroastrian ceremony last May), Jake and I were both surprised at all the bells and whistles the Hindu ceremony included: Groom rode in on a white horse while his family danced; the bride was carried in by her maternal uncles; 600 guests attended, the majority in saris or the male equivalent; intricate ceremony with so many traditions/symbols included we were given a booklet of terms! We had a blast and were able to catch up with good friends from Chicago. Next we were off to Minnesota for a week at the lake, a trip up the north shore and his sister Jessica's wedding.........

No comments:

Post a Comment