Monday, February 6, 2012

We have found our happy place!

We have been in the Denver suburb of Golden for 5 days now and I still cannot get over the majestic beauty of this place! Waking up and seeing snow capped mountains out your window or elk roaming in your back yard just creates a positive vibe for the start of your day. The people here are the friendliest I have EVER met as well. Forget southern hospitality--thats a myth I long ago debunked. People here are genuinely interested to get to know you and help you in any way they can. For example, Allison's upstairs neighbor brought us homemade cinnamon buns while her next door neighbor came by to give us his cell phone number in case we ran into any trouble etc driving in the snow--or if we just needed anything. Imagine that happening in Mississippi where people are so obsessed with their kids and church they rarely lift their heads to say hello much less welcome you to the neighborhood. I really think this is where Jake and I would like to settle--another option to put on the table at least!
Yesterday was just awesome! I got to catch up with my friend Allison during a run through the scenic mountains while Finn napped and Jake rested at the condo. After that we showered up and headed over to Boulder, CO for a superbowl party at Jake's cousin Dena's house. Again, the picturesque, snow capped rocky mountains that lined our 30 minute drive seriously took my breath away. No city has ever captured me like this. Today we have another exciting day on tap. We are headed on another run through the mountains, then to breakfast burritos at a local spot that has a playground for Finn, then Allison and I are headed to a spa to get mani/pedis, and finally she will take us to some of her most favorite scenic spots so we can break out or new camera and try to capture some pictures of this heavenly place-(not that pictures will ever be able to do it justice).

No comments:

Post a Comment