Friday, September 10, 2010

39 Weeks--oh baby get the lead out

Ok baby--Time to get a move on! I had an appointment with Dr. Purdy yesterday and he said I'm still dilated 1cm, 80% effaced and in the +1 position. He is on call this weekend so it would be fabulous if Finn decided to make his appearance this weekend; otherwise, my next appointment is on Monday at 4pm where Dr. P said he would try "stripping my membranes" (manually removing the other 20% of effacement left to go) and see if that would stimulate labor. Apparently its very uncomfortable to have this done but it will really speed up the labor process--that and nipple stimulation--so he said I could try out my breast pump. Jake helped me hook it up last night and we just laughed at how awkward it is--I feel like a cow on a milk farm. But alas, the breast pump hasn't started any contractions yet. As Dr. Purdy (who is also a pilot) says, "I'm in a holding pattern." He and Jake snickered at the cleverly delivered pilot joke while I rolled my eyes, got dressed and prepared to continue to wait for our son to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment