Wednesday, September 29, 2010

All hail King Finn!





Its amazing how a tiny 8lb 2 oz human being can take control of every aspect of your life. We call him "King Finn" as he dictates when and where we go, how long we can stay, when we can eat, when we can sleep etc. For example, today I have not showered, brushed my teeth or left the house. King Finn decided he was not going to be put to bed last night no matter how many times mom fed him (with sore achy nipples) so we stayed awake from about 7am on the 28th til 2:30am on the 29th only to wake up again at 4:45am on the 29th. Then once he was up for good today (the 29th) he decided to eat and scream and soil his diaper every 15 to 30 minutes until saint Jacob was finally able to calm him and get him to sleep in his bouncy seat around 3:30pm (graciously, mom had been relieved around 2pm to go take a much needed nap). Now all I can hear is the peace and quiet and I'm not sure what to do............shower? eat? clean? rest more? put away laundry? or update my blog--guess you can figure out which one I decided to do. Next in line will be shower if King Finn will stay sleeping just a few minutes longer--fingers crossed. How do single moms do this? I have the most supportive husband in the world and I'm still struggling. Hopefully he will be calm and cooperative tonight--saint Jacob has gone to work for a few hours so I get to go it alone with his majesty.

1 comment: