Thursday, October 28, 2010

Houston we have our first smile!!!

This week was a tough week for little Finn. He had been extra fussy over the past few days so at his 6 week check up I told the pediatrician and she was concerned so she ran some tests. I thought i was going to lose it in there--the nurse put a plastic catheter down his penis to draw out urine then another nurse drew blood from his tiny arm. His eyes got so big and he was screaming so loud he couldn't catch his breath. I was so upset. But the good news is that they found out he was just hungry and dehydrated--my milk supply had gone down since I had been pumping more than directly feeding him. So I took him home with specific orders to feed him feed him feed him then bring him back tomorrow. The next day he had gained 3 oz! Then he was able to get his shots which made him really mad--but I was able to comfort him quickly.
The past 3 nights i've been able to put him to bed around 9pm and he sleeps til about 2 or 3am then he will go back to bed around 4 after I feed him and sleep til about 7. Its been great for Jake and me because we can finally get some rest. He slept last night from about 10pm til 430am which is really a record--and when he was finished eating, he flashed me his first big baby smile!!!! It was the cutest smile I've ever seen. Hopefully he will start doing it more often so I can snap a picture of it!
News on the mommy front--my weight is down to 163 from my top preggo weight 193--still have about 20 pounds to go but making progress!!! I will post pictures the next time I update.

No comments:

Post a Comment