Tuesday, October 5, 2010

8 and a 1/2 pounds of fury

I only have a few moments to update the blog before the little munchkin wakes up! This week--week 4 of Finns life--has been a busy and frustrating one. He is a darling during the day but when 7 pm rolls around we are just not sure how to pin point his cries. Is he hungry? is he tired? does he need a diaper change? is he too hot? too cold? is he gassy? The hungry cry we are pretty sure we can identify because he roots around with his mouth open, shakes his head violently and sucks on his hands--not just thumbs but the whole hands. So needless to say this week Jake and I have been operating on around 3 hours a night of sleep. This is not a good situation when the main bread winner has to fly a plane for a living. Last night we finally broke down and let him nurse in our bed so I could lie down and get some rest then let him sleep in his bouncy chair next to our bed. We hope this won't become a habit ;) Tonight Jake is flying on the night page so its just me and the little guy. I've already pumped a bottle for Jake to feed him in the morning so now I'm just waiting for him to eat once more before I try to place him in the crib. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment